- 3419Even though Rick Dangerous was brutally hard and unfair, it was one of the games I kept coming back to. Its super-responsive controls and charming design has made it a true Amiga classic.
- 1825Oh, man, I just learned about the POOKY highscore cheat for Rick Dangerous. It now seems totally within reach to complete the game that I've been playing since 1989 without ever seeing the last level...
- 5180Failed twice at completing the first level.
- 10867The MiSTer was originally an Amiga project, and the Minimig core works amazingly well. I played through most of the first level of Rick Dangerous on this new machine, and it's pretty great.
- 11141Inspired by the upcoming release of Spelunky 2, I wanted to record a bit of my old favourite tomb raiding Indiana Jones simulator.
- 11142I had a bit of trouble getting the Elgato 4K60S+ to capture the minimig core on the MiSTer, but I arrived at these settings that worked:
[minimig] ; 2 - 720x480@60 ; 3 - 720x576@50 video_mode_ntsc=2 video_mode_pal=3 ; 1 - integer scaling vscale_mode=1 ; vsync_adjust=2 doesn't work with Elgato 4K60S+ vsync_adjust=0
- 11143The version of Rick D I have installed on my virtual HDD on the MiSTer has a level select menu, much like the sequel, however, the version I played as a child definitely did not. According to a guy on the internet, this was added in the official KIXX re-release of the game. I wasn't able to confirm this yet, but if it's true, it's clearly the more reasonable version of the game.
- 11144I found a source: Amiga Action 30 (Mar 1992) has a review of the Kixx release by Peter Lee that states: 'The budget version features a level leap function which is good in a way if you can avoid the temptation of skipping the first three levels.'.
- 11145Good, level selection is now how I play this game.
- 11146Accomplished Completed level 1.
- 11147I'm having trouble in the EGYPT level, jumping the two spike pits with a snake that shoots arrows that Rick has to jump over twice in a row.