syltefar.com: FTL: Faster Than Light
2773 After getting FTL for almost nothing during a Steam sale, I started playing the tutorial and the first real game on 'easy' difficulty. It's very Star Trek.
2774Got the score 283.
For some reason, in sector 2, my ship leaked oxygen after a battle, resulting in the death of my crew.
3791Got the score 333.
3802Got the Just Getting Started achievement.
- Reached sector 5 for the first time.
3803Got the score 1953.
Defeated by lack of navigation skills, I managed to not check my path to the Exit and get myself trapped two turns in Rebel Space, finally overwhelming The Kestrel.
3804 With a lot of help from Jauert, I played my best game of FTL yet, learning many important lessons:
- Scrap Recovery Arm: More Scrap (money).
- Oxygen subsystem can be shut down if more power is needed.
- To evade, Piloting Subsystem needs to be manned and Engines Subsystem should be as high as possible.
- Burst Laser fires two shots. If enemy has one shield, one shot will hit the shield, one will hit the hull.
- Disabling the Oxygen Subsystem and opening doors to space is useful for killing invaders. Manning the Doors Subsystem makes it hard to open doors for invaders, trapping them in airless rooms.
3877Got the score 1805.
My best run with the Engi Cruiser, got as far as sector 5.