- 10164I pre-ordered this, as I have to see this strange game for myself.
- 10168OK, this is it. I am starting this controversial game, and I'm very excited. The environments look so amazing in the intro, I have trouble not just standing around and staring at waterfalls. And the vehicle and clothes designs are fascinating.
- 10169In the first mission, I delivered the dead body of the American president, my mother, to a disposal facility.
- 10172I did a few more normal missions. So far, this is very enjoyable in its own way.
- 10174In a tense walk through a BT-infested valley, I reached the Wind Farm.
- 10176Martin played the prologue and the cremation mission, and he got caught by BTs and chased over an oily mountainside by a huge Lovecraft-looking squid-whale monster.
- 10177We then returned to my save game, where I got access build power stations, charged a bike, and drove it all the way back to Capital Knot City. I then got access to blood grenades, which seems like the first weapon of real use against BTs. On my way to the port, I ran into real trouble and also got caught.
- 10196I finished chapter 2 and went to a cool new area. I got bionic legs now, and the ability to fast travel.
- 10200I went for an atomspheric walk in the Central Region, saw some awesome looking new environments, and discovered a few bases, that weren't open for business. It's too bad that they're not interactive when you find them randomly, it detracts from my interest in exploring.
- 10213I met some Porters, actual sentient humans in the world who didn't try to kill me. Amazing. :)
- 10214I got a Bola Gun! It's awesome, I took out an entire camp of MULEs and stole their truck. It's so great to have a truck.
- 10215The highways look surreal.
- 10216I got to the Weather Station and Bridges now has adorable delivery robots!
- 10217I shot some more MULEs and stole another truck and drove it from the farm.
- 10218More trucking.
- 10219My truck got hit by MULE spears on the highway, and it ran off the road. Pretty cool dynamic moment.
- 10220I accidentally cut the end of the previous video. I transported the weird time hourglass girl who seems to have a lot of trouble with speaking to her boyfriend. It's delightfully weird when you're transporting a human, a mummy on your back.
- 10221I got into a brutal fight with a MULE base and after punching out everyone, I took the opportunity to steal a new truck. I also got a grabby gun and the ability to customize my backpacks.
- 10222My sneaky stealth mission with the Sticky Gun turned into a messy brawl with the MULES again. It was a fun, chaotic affair with a lot of close calls.
- 10223Sometimes good game design ideas get ruined the player second-guessing the game. In a callback to several old Metal Gear games, a guy who was clearly a terrorist shows up in a Bridges outfit and gives you a 'gift' for Fragile, which is clearly a bomb. On inspection, it's called a bomb in the inventory, and it's blinking red. So what to do?
- I would like to inform Bridges, but that is not possible.
- I try to recycle the bomb, hoping that would destroy it. Not possible
- I then go to my destination, which triggers an immediate and very inelegant game over screen (the first one I encountered in the game).
- I then try leaving the bomb on the ground and walking away. Game over.
- 10249I did a frustrating war boss fight with Unger. That sequence felt a bit tacked on.
- 10250I finally met Mama and heard her crazy story. She was pregnant and stuck in rubble after a terrorist attack, surviving by drinking rainwater, and gave birth to a ghost baby.
- 11529Ironically, I didn't play the game about a country where everyone is stuck in quarantine in all of 2020. But tonight I wanted to take a mountain hike, and got into a lot of trouble encountering terrorists with high-level equipment during a timed mission, and getting killed. I ended up stealing my stuff back from them and running like the wind. Very intense.
- 11528I completed 45/70 orders.
- 11531To get Lockne and the mountain base on my side, I needed to bring her twin sister Mama or Målingen, as is her real and weird name. I walked through thick snow, which is neat, and of course, when it's snowing, it's Time Snow, so it ruins my cargo. Målingen died after cutting the umbilical cord with her ghost baby.
- 11540Awkward bathroom scene with Deadman. He took my baby ... sorry, BB away. I'm not cool with that.
- 11541I'm trying to level up my relationship with The Collector to get a cover for my backpack, but it's not happening. I read somewhere that you sometimes need to sleep in the game for relationships to improve.
- 11542I'm doing errands in the mountain region to get my baby back.
- 11537I completed 53/70 orders.
- 11551I brought Mama's body to Heartman, the Nicolas Winding Refn lookalike who dies and goes to the afterlife every 21 minutes. Very interesting character.
- 11552I went to a BT-infested area with my truck and collected some stuff. The truck got slowly destroyed by the rain, and also ran out of battery. I had to ditch it and carry a ridiculous amount of cargo over the mountains. This game has great systems for creating these moments.
- 11555I think I have 2.5 hours left of the story.
- 11559I did a boss fight with a giant BT with Higgs and Amelie embedded inside. It was frustrating, yet trivial due to unlimited continues without loss of progress. After that, I went to a Beach and fought Higgs man-to-man, ending up with us punching the shit out of each other. After that, there was an incredibly cheesy sequence where I ran with Amelie along the Beach. Cliff Unger shows up, and Amelie kicks me out of the Beach. No idea what's going on.
- 11560I had to walk all across the map west. After that, I did a final boss fight with Cliff Unger, this time in Vietnam.
- 11561After the final boss fight, a credit sequence started. 2 hours later, after a *lot* of cutscenes, and the final credits finally end.
- 11562Completed the game.
- 11583I was thinking about playing this some more. There are a few interesting exploration-related trophies to attempt:
- In Sam We Trust: Connect all facilities to the UCA.
- God Particle Go-Getter: Find Higgs's home (West of Lake Knot City)
- Any Porter in a Storm: Trade with NPC Porter (find porter, like them, lay cargo down)