Elden Ring Recording Nightmare
I have a problem with Elden Ring.
I immensely enjoy playing and recording the game. This is turning into a problem.
So, getting these 4K HDR videos on YouTube has a throughput of less than 30 minutes / day.
So, without any other complications, if I'm recording more than 30 minutes / day, recordings will start to pile up on my SSD.
- I have set the Elgato 4KS+ to record at 80,000 Kbps = 80 Mbps = 10 MB/s = 60*60*10 GB/h = 36 GB/h
- My videos are typically a little less than an hour, which ends up around 30 GB
- YouTube processing of a 30G 4K HDR video currently takes 1-3 days, on average around 2 days
In the last 22 days, I have recorded over 33 hours of elden ring, which ends up around 1.5 hour / day.
While I'm slowly uploading edited videos to YouTube and waiting for them to process, I have currently a nightmarish 1.2 TB of raw Elden Ring footage on my SSD, slowly filling up the 2 TB.
I have 3 options:
- Buy more SSDs. This might impact my bank account too much.
- Record less Elden Ring. This is barely an option, the game is just too good.
- Edit the videos harder, so YouTube only have to process roughly a third of the footage. I should probably go with that one.