- 5460Completed the game with Ryu using 40 continues (MAME).
- 5461When you have played other Street Fighter games, this, the first Street Fighter feels completely awful. Ryu has a basic SF-style moveset, with no combos and error-prone input caching. He also has his basic 3 special moves, 'Psycho Fire' (Hadouken), Dragon Punch, and Hurricane Kick. However, the input timing for the special moves is very unforgiving and confusing. I put in a virtual quarter for Ken and praticed getting Hadoukens out for half an hour or so. After training, I could get the move to work about 1/3 of the time. My understanding of the special move timing is that you have to hold down the attack button from the beginning of the joystick gesture, and release it at the end for it to work. The special moves are extremely important, as they deal damage corresponding to 30-50% of a full health bar. I could pretty easily get through most opponents with just Hadoukens, but the final boss, Sagat, was more difficult, as my strategy involved getting as far away from the opponent as possible to be able to get the fireball motions out without being interrupted, and Sagat had his own fireball, which dealt around 60%-75% damage. My final strategy was: A) Throw fireballs until one hits. That puts Ryu at the health advantage. B) Duck and mash Fierce punch until Sagat is done. I guess he didn't know the low fire ball move yet.
- 5462YOU'VE OUTLASTED THE BEST. YOU ARE NOW THE STRONGEST STREET FIGHTER IN THE WORLD!
- 5463YOU HAVE EARNED THE DISTINCTION OF ''KING OF THE HILL''.
- 5464Hmm... 'SOUND AND MUSIC BY YUUKICHYANS PAPA'. That would be Yoshihiro Sakaguchi, audio programmer, who also worked on Mega Man, Final Fight, and many others.
- 5465HARD PLANNING: PUNCH KUBOZO. They really have a thing going in these credits...