- 7626My wiki has a 2005 entry about MAME emulation of various games, among them Pac-man.
- 7635Got the score 21630 in MAME. Score from my wiki.
- 78Got the score 16530 in MAME.
- 77Got the score 19180 in MAME.
- 131Got the score 28380 in MAME.
- 1547Got the score 73000. I finally tried a real Pac-man arcade cabinet at the Google GDC Party. However, the version I played seemed to be sped up a bit, I haven't quite figured out which version it was. Anyway, I was playing my best game ever, when my colleagues wanted to leave for another party and finally distracted me enough to ruin my game. And the other party sucked. :'( Still, I got a score > 73000, which is still great!
- 2570Got the score 20340 in MAME. @ work
- 2571Got the score 24340 in MAME. @ home
- 2584Got the score 30680 in 5 lives. Playing a nice Pac-Man machine at Chassis Arcade, my score was embarassingly low compared to the machines current high score of 247970.
- 8227Got the score 25210 in MAME.
- 9762Malu and I visited Bip Bip Bar, and I played a long game of Pac-Man on a machine set to 6 lives.
- 10803I just ordered a MiSTer FPGA from misteraddons.com. I have never played around with an FPGA before, and the concept itself seems completely magical to me. The MiSTEr seems like an incredibly well-supported project with the most hardcore enthusiasts doing their best to make the ultimate emulation box. Apart from the Terasic DE10-Nano board with the Intel Cyclone V FPGA (150 $), I ordered 128MB SDRAM (60 $), a USB Hub (40 $), a cooling system (15 $), and a case (50 $), an 256 GB SD card (50 $), and a few other things for a total of 405 $. A new PS4 is 422 $, but never mind that.
- 10804Due to COVID-19, my MiSTer has been stuck in Queens, New York for 40 days. Now it's finally gotten through the distribution center, and should be on its way here.
- 10847Apparently, my MiSTer is now in Denmark, going through customs. I had almost lost hope at this point.
- 10852*Finally* it's cleared by customs.
- 10853I payed 915 DKK in import tax. Ouch.
- 10855I got it now! And it works!! However, I can't get Pac-Man to run at all. But the consoles work, and it's awesome.
- 10990All the arcade games work now. I have some troubles with sound on the Elgato, but apart from that everything seems to work.