- 309Started playing Super Metroid for real in the train. While playing with great concentration, I got a question from a guy in a neighbouring seat: Don't you have any better games for your laptop? Not a video game connaisseur, obviously, but he sort of crystallized the popular opinion about video game graphics, that newer is better. I don't agree. :)
- 324Been playing a lot of Super Metroid while visiting my parents. I've gotten a lot of the upgrades: the Wave Beam, the X-Ray, and the Grappling Beam, and now the game really reminds me of Metroid Prime.
- 334I have killed two of the Guardians. Explored a lot of Maridia.
- 335How I hate that f...ing quicksand!!! Why would anyone put something that annoying into a game? WHY?
- 600After a long night of playing (still slightly intoxicated from the nice dinner with Jeppe Nielsen and his girlfriend Sascha), I finally resumed playing Super Metroid for real after a considerable break. I defeated Botwoon the worm by firing every single missile I had at his head. Draygon turned out to be way tougher; I finally went for the electrocution trick, and it worked. Draygon is no more, and his children buried him underground. Touching.
- 601And a few notes about the more puzzly elements - I realized the following: You can run over quicksand using the Speed Booster. Also, Speed Booster seems to break the arrow blocks, even though the arrows point towards you. You can use the Grapple Beam to attach yourself to certain flying enemies.
- 604Got my awesome SDL Menu up and running on the emulation machine. It works. And now I'm playing a bit of Super Metroid instead of sleeping :)
- 609Worked a lot on the next version of my SDL menu in integration with my synchronized application system. It works with SNES, NES, MAME, and GBA. In Super Metroid, I reached Ridley, but haven't defeated that mean old dragon yet.
- 612Completed the game. Yes! Epic ending! Mother Brain is no more! It took me 12 hours and 39 minutes, and my items rate was 69%.
- 8949While visiting Jeppe and Sascha in Næstved, Jeppe bought a SNES Mini and connected it to a projector, making for a sweet 150 inch SNES screen. I started Super Metroid, and played through the first sequence, escaping from the exploding base.