- 12290Preordered through the company. Should be out October 8th.
- 12336I'm on vacation in Campo Grande, and I have played hours of Metroid Dread, which is super cool. I'm actually a little sad that I'm playing on the small screen, I think the detailed and stylish graphics deserves to be seen on the big screen. The map has been an endless source of confusion for me, mostly because I need to learn how to read it in detail. The progression is somewhat complicated, and I have spent some time wandering around without knowing where to go.
- 12339I met a real live Chozo, who turns out to be a Horus look-alike birdman, with Egyptian pictograms and everything. Apparently, there is an evil Chozo villain, who wants Samus' DNA which has Metroid DNA mixed in. The weird intro sequence has made me doubt whether I'm Samus or a clone or something, but time will tell.
- 12340Off to Burenia .
- 12345I just got the Ice Missiles and Pulse Radar.
- 12359I just started a second game at home, recording it. I noted two things: 1) the frame rate seems worse when the game is docked, and 2) the map is still confusing the second time around. After playing for an hour, I didn't know where to go for the first boss. I think I'll play with a guide open to avoid frustration.
- 12363I played a couple of hours more, and the upgrade order list really takes the confusion out of the game. I think I'm actually enjoying the game more the second time because I have this list on hand.
- 12364I have the Flash Shift now.
- 12365I have reached Ghavoran. I defeated the underwater boss Drogyga on my first attempt. It really helps that I know what to do.
- 12366The Storm Rockets (cluster homing missiles) have become my weapon of choice for boss fights, along with Flash Shift to dodge out of the way.
- 12367With the Space Jump that allows you to jump infinitely, the game seems to have reached the point where it says 'fuck it', let's just let them go anywhere. This, more than anything else makes you feel powerful in this traversal-focused game.
- 12368Oh no! Everything is frozen.
- 12369The boss 'Experiment No. Z-57' was awesome looking and fun to play. I like how the giant swipes are clearly marked on the screen, so you know exactly where you can be. The fight even turns into a Space Jump-powered 'Flappy Bird' sequence at a certain point.
- 12370Completed the game. After the final boss, I had to run to the ship. I made it with 0 seconds to spare, which seems nuts. I wonder if they were somehow tricking me with the countdown.