- 10496Doom Eternal is out on friday. I needed a game that I could finish before that, and the sequel to the amazing Ori and the Blind Forest just came out. I reactivated my Xbox Game Pass using a 14-day trial code from a Xbox One Controller box and downloaded the game.
- 10498I have an owl friend!
- 10499I have played a few hours of this. First and foremost, the game plays at least as well as its predecessor, the new abilities and weapons seem fun, and the level design is challenging and interesting. However, the game has bad frame stutters, and a lot of the background elements look low resolution and blurry in a way that doesn't fit the awesome aesthetics.
- 10711A patch is here, and performance seems way better, and the map screen seems to open instantly. Much better.
- 12084I started this up on my new Xbox Series X, and it looks awesome in 4KHDR. I checked the File info, and it says
AppModel:XDK; Gen:Durango; ConsoleType:XboxOneGen9Aware, which I guess means that it's technically still a Xbox One game with extra features enabled on Series X.
- 12088I don't think 120 Hz is necessary for this game, but it's very cool that they managed to do it.